Alpha Thixofix Eco is an easy to use, water-based high performance contact adhesive based on polychloroprene latex that has been developed especially to make high strength, permanent bonds on a wide variety of materials. It also features a novel built-in indicator for the correct time to bond materials together.
Alpha Thixofix Eco is an ecologically friendly, non-hazardous adhesive that removes the risks associated with traditional solvent-based contact adhesives without compromising on bonding performance and durability.
An extremely versatile adhesive suitable for a wide range of bonding applications on various materials
Solvent free & ecologically friendly
Built in colour change indicates when ready to bond
Long open joint time – can be bonded up to 4 hrs after application
Double coverage of most contact adhesives
Clean & easy to use
Alpha Thixofix Eco is suitable for the following applications:
- General purpose high performance bonding
- Boat & ship interiors (headlinings, wall coverings)
- General building, shop fitting, laminating & furniture manufacture
- Suitable for a wide variety of substrates, including fabrics, foams, woods, polystyrene, composites, rubbers, paper & cardboard
The following technical information and data should be considered representative or typical only, therefore the information should not be used for specification purpose.
* dependent on materials used, temperature & relative humidity
The performance data presented here has been determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants Limited standard test methods and are average values that should not be used for specification purposes. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on tests believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
HANDLING & APPLICATIONS
The general application information presented here is based upon typical conditions determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants Limited testing. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on methods believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
All substrates must be clean of any dust, grit, loose material, wax, grease and oil using Alpha T559 TF or a suitable cleaner. The materials to be bonded should be dry.
- Stir adhesive before use.
- For absorbent surfaces (e.g. wood, fabric etc.) a primer coat of adhesive is recommended prior to application. Allow primer coat to dry for 15 minutes.
- Using a brush and spreader, apply an even coating of adhesive to both of the surfaces.
- Allow the adhesive to dry to a clear appearance before bonding the materials (touch dry). The time for this drying will depend on the temperature and humidity.
- Bond the materials under firm, even pressure across the total bonded area.
Bonded assemblies should not be moved during curing of the adhesive.
The immediate high contact bond strength increases appreciably within the next 48 hours and will develop still further in service. For the best heat resistance, leave at room temperature for 7 days, before subjecting to high in-service temperatures up to 110°C.
For wet adhesive: warm soapy water should be used.
For dried adhesive: Cleaner T559 TF should be used to remove residues from surfaces.
HEALTHY & SAFETY INFORMATION
Alpha Thixofix Eco is classified as non-hazardous according to Directive EC 1272/2008. Please refer to the Alpha Thixofix Eco Safety Data Sheet for further health & safety information.
Alpha Thixofix Eco should be stored in its original container, with the lid tightly secured, in dry conditions and at temperatures between 5°C and 25°C. Alpha Thixofix Eco will keep satisfactorily for up to 12 months from date of manufacture if stored according to the recommended conditions.
ISSUE : 7