Alpha Thixofix 40 ml has been developed as a multi-purpose contact adhesive for repair where high strength and heat resistant performance is desired. It is an easily applied adhesive with short open time that forms strong and permanent contact bonds. The combination of fast drying, long tack life and excellent hot strength make it an ideal choice for quick repair work.
Multi-purpose contact adhesive
Excellent bond strength
Clean and easy to use
For general use around the home
Alpha Thixofix 40 ml is suitable for the following applications:
- General purpose adhesive for wood, rubber, most plastics, fabrics, cork, linoleum and rigid PVC
- Laminate materials (e.g. Formica, Warerite, Melamine) to wood
- Polyurethane foams or mineral wool panels to plasterboard
- Painted or unpainted metals to most surfaces
The following technical information and data should be considered representative or typical only. Therefore, the information should not be used for specification purposes.
* dependent upon ambient temperature, relative humidity and the materials used.
The performance data presented here has been determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants Limited standard test methods and are average values that should not be used for specification purposes. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on tests believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
HANDLING & APPLICATIONS
The general application information presented here is based upon typical conditions determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants Limited testing. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on methods believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
All substrates must be clean of any dust, grit, loose material, wax, grease and oil using Alpha T559 (TF) or a suitable cleaner. The materials to be bonded should be dry.
- Unscrew the cap and push the top of it into the tube to pierce the tube seal.
- Surfaces must be clean, dry and free from contamination.
- Spread adhesive evenly over both surfaces. Wait until touch dry (normally 10-15 minutes), but no longer than 25 minutes.
- Bring the materials together very gently. Slight adjustment can be made at this stage if required.
- Press down firmly and evenly for an instant, powerful bond.
The immediate high contact bond strength increases appreciably within the next 48 hours and will develop still further in service. For the best heat resistance, leave at room temperature for 7 days, before subjecting to high in-service temperatures up to 70°C.
Alpha Cleaner T559 (TF) or a similar suitable cleaner should be used to remove residues from surfaces.
HEALTH & SAFETY INFORMATION
Alpha Thixofix 40 ml is classified as hazardous according to Directive EC 1272/2008. Please refer to the Alpha Thixofix Safety Data Sheet for further health & safety information.
Alpha Thixofix 40 ml should be stored in its original container, with the lid tightly secured, in dry conditions and at temperatures between 5°C and 25°C. Alpha Thixofix 40 ml will keep satisfactorily for up to 36 months from date of manufacture if stored according to the recommended conditions.
ISSUE : 2