Alpha S758 has been developed as a multi-purpose adhesive. S758 forms strong, permanent contact bonds between the following materials – rigid PVC sheet, polyurethane foams of the polyester and polyether types, supported PVC leather cloth, leather, polyester glass fibre, rubber sheet and extrusions all of which may be bonded to each other or to hardboard, chipboard, wood, painted or unpainted metal.
Rigid laminated plastics such as Formica, Ware rite, Melamine, etc may also be fixed with these adhesives. S758 is well established in the automotive and coach building industries as a multi-purpose body trim adhesive. Typical body trim and coach building operations to which S.758 is suited include door and fascia trim, roof headlining, parcel racks and glove compartments.
S758 has also proved its versatility in the shop-fitting and bar-fitting trades and in the boat building, furniture and footwear industries, where it is widely used as a multipurpose adhesive.
Multi-purpose contact adhesive
Excellent bond strength
Short open time
Easy to use
Alpha S758 is suitable for the following applications:
- Laminate materials (e.g. Formica, Warerite, Melamine) to wood
- Polyurethane foams or mineral wool panels to plasterboard
- Painted or unpainted metals to most surfaces
- General purpose adhesive for wood, rubber, most plastics, fabrics, cork, linoleum and rigid PVC
The following technical information and data should be considered representative or typical only. Therefore, the information should not be used for specification purposes.
* dependent upon ambient temperature, relative humidity and the materials used.
The performance data presented here has been determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants Limited standard test methods and are average values that should not be used for specification purposes. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on tests believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
HANDLING & APPLICATIONS
The general application information presented here is based upon typical conditions determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants Limited testing. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on methods believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
All substrates must be clean of any dust, grit, loose material, wax, grease and oil using Alpha T559 or a suitable cleaner. The materials to be bonded should be dry.
1. Stir before use. Using a brush or spreader, apply a thin even coating of adhesive to both of the surfaces.
2. Allow the solvent content to evaporate before bonding the materials (touch dry) . The time for this evaporation will depend on the temperature and humidity. On absorbent or permeable materials such as leather/chipboard, bonding may be possible within a matter of 2-3 minutes of application; on non-absorbent or non-permeable materials (e.g. Formica/metal) a minimum of 15 minutes should elapse before the surfaces are bonded.
3. Bond the materials under firm pressure.
4. Dried coatings of Alpha S758 may be reactivated by wiping over the surfaces with solvent T559. Alternatively, Alpha S758 may be treated with infra red heat, exposing one surface at 95°C ± 5°C.
The immediate high contact bond strength increases appreciably within the next 48 hours and will develop still further in service. For the best heat resistance, leave at room temperature for 7 days, before subjecting to high in-service temperatures up to 70°C.
Alpha Cleaner T559 should be used to remove residues from surfaces.
HEALTHY & SAFETY INFORMATION
Alpha S758 is classified as hazardous according to Directive EC 1272/2008. Please refer to the Alpha S758 Safety Data Sheet for further health & safety information.
Alpha S758 should be stored in its original container, with the lid tightly secured, in dry conditions and at temperatures between 5°C and 25°C. Alpha S758 will keep satisfactorily for up to 18 months from date of manufacture if stored according to the recommended conditions.
ISSUE : 9