Alpha S 5001 is a two part polychloroprene adhesive. Alpha S5001 A & B have been formulated to meet all the requirements of BASE 5001.
Alpha S 5001 is a two part system developed to guarantee a superior adhesion to a variety of natural and synthetic rubber surfaces. The cured adhesive has good resistance to attack from atmospheric oxidation, salt water, oil mild acids and alkalis etc., can be used in service over a wider temperature and humidity range.
It is formulated to be easily removed from skin.
Formulated to meet BASE 5001 adhesive standards
High performance adhesive system
Excellent adhesion to natural and synthetic rubbers
Salt water resistant
Wide in-service temperature range
Good resistance to atmospheric oxidation, oil, some chemicals, aviation fuels, mild acids and alkalis
Alpha S5001 is suitable for the following applications:
- Inflatable liferafts and boats
- General rubber products
- Numerous industrial applications
The following technical information and data should be considered representative or typical only. Therefore, the information should not be used for specification purposes.
* dependent upon ambient temperature, relative humidity and the materials used.
The performance data presented here has been determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants Limited standard test methods and are average values that should not be used for specification purposes. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on tests believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
HANDLING & APPLICATIONS
The general application information presented here is based upon typical conditions determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants Limited testing. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on methods believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
All substrates must be clean of any dust, grit, loose material, wax, grease and oil using Alpha T559 or a suitable cleaner. The materials to be bonded should be dry.
- Alpha S5001 is supplied as a pre-weighed kit that has the correct mix ratio. Ensure that the S5001 Part A has been stirred. If the user wants to use a smaller amount, mix 100 parts of Alpha S5001 Part A with 6 parts of Alpha S5001 Part B (by weight).
- Stir thoroughly until a creamy consistency is achieved. It is important that both parts of the Alpha S5001 bonding system are thoroughly mixed prior to application on to surfaces.
- Using a brush or roller coater, apply an even coating of adhesive to both of the surfaces. Allow the first coat to become touch dry (approximately 10 to 20 minutes).
- Apply a second coat to both surfaces and allow to dry until tacky (approximately 15-25 minutes).
- Position carefully and consolidate bond by firm even pressure over the whole area. A hand roller is recommended wherever possible.
The immediate high contact bond strength increases appreciably within the next 48 hours. For the best performance and heat resistance, leave at room temperature for 7 days, before subjecting to high in-service temperatures up to 120°C.
Alpha Cleaner T559 or TN1239 should be used to remove residues from surfaces.
HEALTH & SAFETY INFORMATION
Alpha S5001 Part A and Alpha S5001 Part B are classified as hazardous according to Directive EC 1272/2008. Please refer to the Alpha S5001 Part A and Alpha S5001 Part B Safety Data Sheets for further health & safety information.
Both components of the Alpha S5001 bonding system should be stored in their original containers, with the lids tightly secured, in dry conditions and at temperatures between 5°C and 25°C. Alpha S5001 will keep satisfactorily for up to 12 months from date of manufacture if stored according to the recommended conditions.
ISSUE : 9