Alpha S248 is a sprayable high heat resistant contact adhesive, giving a fast flash off & a long open joint time.
S248 shows excellent adhesion to a wide variety of substrates such as wood, polyurethane foam, decorative laminates, plastics, metals & elastomers.
S248 with its excellent hot bond strength makes it ideal for post-forming decorative laminates onto chipboard & MDF base boards and can be used with static & continuous post-forming equipment.
High performance contact adhesive
High heat resistance
Long open joint time
Bonds a wide range of materials
Alpha S248 is suitable for the following applications:
- Bonding a wide variety of materials including polyurethane foam, plastics, metals & elastomers
- Post-forming decorative laminates to wooden core materials
- Foam building applications
The following technical information and data should be considered representative or typical only. Therefore, the information should not be used for specification purpose.
* dependent upon ambient temperature, relative humidity and the materials used.
The performance data presented here has been determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants standard test methods and are average values that should not be used for specification purposes. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on tests believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
HANDLING & APPLICATIONS
The general application information presented here is based upon typical conditions determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants testing. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on methods believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
All substrates must be clean of any dust, grit, loose material, wax, grease and oil using Alpha T559. The materials to be bonded should be dry.
S 248 can be used through most spray equipment, but for best results a Devilbiss JGA
with a FX fluid tip & needle & a 777 air cap is recommended.
Atomising pressures of between 40 – 50 psi & fluid pressure of 20 – 30 psi is required
- Spray apply an even coating of S248 on to both surfaces that are to be bonded.
- Allow the adhesive to dry until the adhesive film is tacky. Under normal ambient conditions, this will take between 1 and 2 minutes. The bond should be made within the 40 minutes of applying the adhesive (dependent on temperature, humidity and porosity of the materials).
- Locate the coated surfaces accurately before bringing them into contact, as an immediate bond will be formed.
- Apply firm even pressure to consolidate the bond. For best results on laminates use either nip rollers for rapid through put or existing
press systems (using a pressure of approximately 270 to 420 KN per square metre (i.e. 40-60 lbs, per square inch).
The immediate high contact bond strength increases appreciably within the next 48 hours and will develop still further in service.
For the best heat resistance, leave at room temperature for 7 days, before subjecting to high temperatures.
Alpha Cleaner T559 should be used to remove residues from surfaces.
HEALTHY & SAFETY INFORMATION
Alpha S248 is classified as hazardous according to Directive EC 1272/2008. Please refer to the Alpha S248 Safety Data Sheet for further health & safety information.
Alpha S248 should be stored in its original container, with the lid tightly secured, in dry conditions and at temperatures between 5°C and 25°C. Alpha S248 will keep satisfactorily for up to 12 months from date of manufacture if stored according to the recommended conditions.
ISSUE : 4