Alpha S2193 is a general purpose, two part polychloroprene based adhesive specifically formulated to give good adhesion to a variety of natural and synthetic rubber surfaces, used in the manufacture of inflatable life rafts, general rubber goods and numerous industrial applications.
Alpha S2193 being resistant to salt water, atmospheric oxidation, oil, specified chemicals, aviation fuels, mild acids and alkalis make it ideal for bonding rubbers used in the manufacture of life rafts, inflatable life jackets, diving suits, etc.
Alpha S2193 high performance bonding system consists of Alpha S2193 Part A and Alpha S2000 Part B.
High performance adhesive system
Excellent adhesion to natural and synthetic rubbers
Salt water resistant
Good resistance to atmospheric oxidation, oil, some chemicals, aviation fuels, mild acids and alkalis
Alpha S2193 is suitable for the following applications:
- Inflatable liferafts and boats
- General rubber products
- Numerous industrial applications
The following technical information and data should be considered representative or typical only. Therefore, the information should not be used for specification purposes.
* dependent upon ambient temperature, relative humidity and the materials used.
The performance data presented here has been determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants Limited standard test methods and are average values that should not be used for specification purposes. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on tests believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
HANDLING & APPLICATIONS
The general application information presented here is based upon typical conditions determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants Limited testing. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on methods believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
All substrates must be clean of any dust, grit, loose material, wax, grease and oil using Alpha T559 or a suitable cleaner. The materials to be bonded should be dry.
- Alpha S2193 is supplied as a pre-weighed kit that has the correct mix ratio. Ensure that the S2193 Part A has been stirred. If the user wants to use a smaller amount, mix 100 parts of Alpha S2193 Part A with 6 parts of Alpha S2000 Part B (by weight).
- Stir thoroughly until a creamy consistency is achieved. It is important that both parts of the Alpha S2193 bonding system are thoroughly mixed prior to application on to surfaces.
- Using a brush or roller coater, apply an even coating of adhesive to both of the surfaces. Allow the first coat to become touch dry (approximately 10 to 20 minutes).
- Apply a second coat to both surfaces and allow to dry until tacky (approximately 5-15 minutes).
- Position carefully and consolidate bond by firm even pressure over the whole area. A hand roller is recommended wherever possible.
The immediate high contact bond strength increases appreciably within the next 48 hours and will develop still further in service. For the best performance and heat resistance, leave at room temperature for 7 days, before subjecting to high in-service temperatures up to 120°C.
Alpha Cleaner T559 should be used to remove residues from surfaces.
HEALTHY & SAFETY INFORMATION
Alpha S2193 Part A and Alpha S2000 Part B are classified as hazardous according to Directive EC 1272/2008. Please refer to the Alpha S2193 Part A and Alpha S2000 Part B Safety Data Sheets for further health & safety information.
Both components of the Alpha S2193 bonding system should be stored in their original containers, with the lids tightly secured, in dry conditions and at temperatures between 5°C and 20°C. Alpha S2193 will keep satisfactorily for up to 12 months from date of manufacture if stored according to the recommended conditions.
ISSUE : 10