Alpha S2049 LV is a low viscosity polyurethane-based contact adhesive.
S2049 LV has been specifically developed for bonding PVC and polyurethane fabrics to themselves and to GRP in the manufacture of rigid hull inflatable boats, but is also suitable for use in many other industrial applications. The adhesive can be used as a 1-part adhesive, but enhanced properties are achieved when used in conjunction with S 5001 Part B as a 2-part adhesive.
Excellent adhesion to PVC and polyurethane materials
Good adhesion to natural and synthetic rubbers
Good resistance to atmospheric oxidation, oil, some chemicals, aviation fuels, mild acids and alkalis
Salt water resistant
- Bonding PVC and polyurethane fabrics to themselves and to composite materials
- Inflatable liferafts and boats
- Upholstery furniture and seating furniture
- Footwear industry
- General rubber products
- Numerous industrial applications
The following technical information and data should be considered representative or typical only. Therefore, the information should not be used for specification purposes.
* dependent upon ambient temperature, relative humidity and the materials used.
The performance data presented here has been determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants Limited standard test methods and are average values that should not be used for specification purposes. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on tests believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
HANDLING & APPLICATIONS
The general application information presented here is based upon typical conditions determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants Limited testing. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on methods believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
All substrates must be clean of any dust, grit, loose material, wax, grease and oil using Alpha T161, Alpha T162 or a suitable cleaner. The materials to be bonded should be dry.
- Alpha S2049 LV is supplied as a pre-weighed kit that has the correct mix ratio. Ensure that the S2049 LV has been stirred. If the user wants to use a smaller amount, mix 100 parts of Alpha S2049 LV with 6 parts of Alpha S5001 Part B (by weight).
- Stir thoroughly until an even consistency is achieved. It is important that both parts of the bonding system are thoroughly mixed prior to application on to surfaces.
- Using a brush or roller coater, apply an even coating of adhesive to both of the surfaces. Allow the first coat to become touch dry (approximately 10 to 20 minutes).
- Apply a second coat to both surfaces and allow to dry until tacky (approx. 5-15 min).
- Position carefully and consolidate bond by firm even pressure over the whole area. A hand roller is recommended wherever possible.
The immediate high contact bond strength increases appreciably within the next 48 hours and will develop still further in service. For the best performance and heat resistance, leave at room temperature for 7 days, before subjecting to high in-service temperatures.
Alpha Cleaner T161 or Alpha T162 should be used to remove residues from surfaces.
HEALTHY & SAFETY INFORMATION
Alpha S2049 LV Part A and Alpha S5001 Part B are classified as hazardous according to Directive EC 1272/2008. Please refer to the Alpha S2049 LV Part A and Alpha S5001 Part B Safety Data Sheets for further health & safety information.
Both components of the Alpha S2049 LV bonding system should be stored in their original containers, with the lids tightly secured, in dry conditions and at temperatures between 5°C and 20°C. Alpha S2049 LV will keep satisfactorily for up to 18 months from date of manufacture if stored according to the recommended conditions.
ISSUE : 2