Alpha S1922 (TF) is a powerful, general purpose adhesive, having high heat resistance. S1922 (TF) has been formulated without the use of toluene enabling it to be sold to the general public, due to its use of a safer solvent system.
Alpha S1922 has been developed to be applied with spray systems. The high performance of the finished bond makes it suitable for use in a wide range of applications particularly in the automotive, building and furniture Industries. This adhesive has excellent spraying characteristics. The finished bond exhibits high strength and high heat resistance.
High performance adhesive
Excellent heat resistance
Easy to use
Alpha S1922 (TF) is suitable for the following applications:
- Automotive Industry: Bonds to many of the substrates commonly used in automotive industry such as polyester, ABS, metals, plastics and leather cotton backed PVC
- Building Industry: Bonding a wide range of materials including Asbestolux, Plasterboard, Plywood, Chipboard, rigid Polyurethane and PVC foam, laminated plastics, copper and aluminium foils, vitreous enameled metal paints and other painted surfaces.
- Laminate Industry: Bonding laminated plastic veneers, such as Formica, Arborite and Perstop, etc, to a wide variety of core materials.
- Furniture Industry: Bonding foam cushioning to molded chair shells and settees S.1922 will withstand the heavy bull nosing required for edge finishing.
The following technical information and data should be considered representative or typical only. Therefore, the information should not be used for specification purpose.
* dependent upon ambient temperature, relative humidity and the materials used.
The performance data presented here has been determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants standard test methods and are average values that should not be used for specification purposes. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on tests believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
HANDLING & APPLICATIONS
The general application information presented here is based upon typical conditions determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants testing. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on methods believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
All substrates must be clean of any dust, grit, loose material, wax, grease and oil using Alpha T559 (TF) or a suitable cleaner. The materials to be bonded should be dry.
Using a suitable spray delivery system, apply Alpha S1922 (TF) adhesive to both substrates that are to be bonded. Ensure that an even coat is applied in all cases.
- For non-porous substrates (e.g. metal, plastics) – two to three thin layers should be applied, allowing 5 to 15 minutes in between coats.
- For porous substrates (e.g. wood, leather) – two to three layers should be applied, allowing a shorter time period (1 to 10 minutes in between coats).
Allow the final coat to achieve a touch dry state (times according to above instructions). Assemble the bond and consolidate with sufficient pressure to assure a good contact across the bond line. The use of a nip-roller is preferred for ensuring optimum contact is achieved across the bonded area.
The immediate high contact bond strength increases appreciably within the next 48 hours and will develop still further in service. For the best heat resistance, leave at room temperature for 7 days, before subjecting to high in-service temperatures up to 140°C.
Alpha Cleaner T559 (TF) should be used to remove residues from surfaces.
HEALTHY & SAFETY INFORMATION
Alpha S1922 (TF) is classified as hazardous according to Directive EC 1272/2008. Please refer to the Alpha S1922 (TF) Safety Data Sheet for further health & safety information.
Alpha S1922 (TF) should be stored in its original container, with the lid tightly secured, in dry conditions and at temperatures between 5°C and 25°C. Alpha S1922 (TF) will keep satisfactorily for up to 12 months from date of manufacture if stored according to the recommended conditions.
ISSUE : 10