Alpha S1762MB is translucent, low viscosity one part polyurethane adhesive than can be applied through most conventional spray systems.
S 1762MB is used for bonding plasticized PVC to itself and many other substrates where plasticizer migration is a problem. S1762MB shows resistance to oil, detergent and moisture. The product can also be used as a primer coating.
A newer application is for the lamination of aircraft furniture, using heat reactivation techniques.
Prevents plasticiser migration in PVC bonds
Easy to apply by spray
Heat resistance up to 60°C
Very short open time
Can be used as a primer coating
Resistant to oil, detergents and moisture
Alpha S1672MB is suitable for the following applications:
- Bonding plasticised, flexible PVC
- Primer coating for PU and PVC substrates
- Conditions where moisture, oil or detergents might be present
- Lamination of furniture
The following technical information and data should be considered representative or typical only. Therefore, the information should not be used for specification purpose.
* dependent upon ambient temperature, relative humidity and the materials used.
The performance data presented here has been determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants standard test methods and are average values that should not be used for specification purposes. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on tests believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
HANDLING & APPLICATIONS
The general application information presented here is based upon typical conditions determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants testing. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on methods believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
All substrates must be clean of any dust, grit, loose material, wax, grease and oil using Alpha T162. The materials to be bonded should be dry.
- Using a suitable spray delivery system, apply Alpha S1762MB adhesive to both substrates that are to be bonded. Ensure that an even coat is applied in all cases.
- The bond can be made immediately and should be made within the maximum open time of 5 minutes. If open time is likely to be exceeded, the bond line can be reactivated by heat.
- Consolidate with sufficient pressure to assure a good contact across the bond line. The use of a nip-roller is preferred for ensuring optimum contact is achieved across the bonded area.
The immediate high contact bond strength increases appreciably within the next 48 hours and will develop still further in service. For the best performance, leave at room temperature for 7 days, before being placed in to service.
Alpha Cleaner T162 should be used to remove residues from surfaces.
HEALTHY & SAFETY INFORMATION
Alpha S1762MB is classified as hazardous according to Directive EC 1272/2008. Please refer to the Alpha S1762MB Safety Data Sheet for further health & safety information.
Alpha S1762MB should be stored in its original container, with the lid tightly secured, in dry conditions and at temperatures between 5°C and 25°C. Alpha S762MB will keep satisfactorily for up to 18 months from date of manufacture if stored according to the recommended conditions.
ISSUE : 5