Alpha S1588 is a clear nitrile adhesive solution of medium viscosity.
Alpha S1588 has been specifically developed for bonding soft, plasticized PVC and polyurethane materials to themselves or to metals.
It can also be used as a general purpose adhesive for bonding wood, felt and many other substrates.
The dried adhesive film has very good resistance to oil and grease.
General purpose adhesive for most materials
Ideal adhesive for bonding PVC and PU materials
Short open time
Easy to apply
Alpha S1588 is suitable for the following applications:
- General purpose adhesive
- Bonding flexible PVC materials
The following technical information and data should be considered representative or typical only. Therefore, the information should not be used for specification purposes.
* dependent upon ambient temperature, relative humidity and the materials used.
The performance data presented here has been determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants Limited standard test methods and are average values that should not be used for specification purposes. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on tests believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
HANDLING & APPLICATIONS
The general application information presented here is based upon typical conditions determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants Limited testing. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on methods believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
All substrates must be clean of any dust, grit, loose material, wax, grease and oil using Alpha T162 or a suitable cleaner. The materials to be bonded should be dry.
- Stir before use. Using a brush or spreader, apply a thin even coating of adhesive to both of the surfaces.
- Allow the solvent content to evaporate before bonding the materials (touch dry). This should be between 1 and 10 minutes after application of adhesive. The time for this evaporation will change depending on the temperature, humidity and the absorbency of the materials to be bonded.
- Bond the materials under firm pressure.
- Dried coatings of Alpha S1588 may be reactivated by wiping over the surfaces with solvent T162.
The immediate high contact bond strength increases appreciably within the next 48 hours and will develop still further in service. For the best heat resistance, leave at room temperature for 7 days, before subjecting to high in-service temperatures up to 60°C.
Alpha Cleaner T162 should be used to remove residues from surfaces.
HEALTHY & SAFETY INFORMATION
Alpha S1588 is classified as hazardous according to Directive EC 1272/2008. Please refer to the Alpha S1588 Safety Data Sheet for further health & safety information.
Alpha S1588 should be stored in its original container, with the lid tightly secured, in dry conditions and at temperatures between 5°C and 25°C. Alpha S1588 will keep satisfactorily for up to 18 months from date of manufacture if stored according to the recommended conditions.
ISSUE : 5