Alpha S1358 (TF) has been developed as a multi-purpose contact adhesive where high strength and heat resistant performance is desired. It is an easily applied adhesive with short open time that forms strong and permanent contact bonds. The combination of fast drying, long tack life and excellent hot strength make it an ideal choice for automotive trim bonding.
Multi-purpose contact adhesive
Excellent high temperature performance
Excellent bond strength
Short open time
Easy to use
Alpha S1358 (TF) is suitable for the following applications:
- Laminate materials (e.g. Formica, Warerite, Melamine) to wood
- Polyurethane foams or mineral wool panels to plasterboard
- Painted or unpainted metals to most surfaces
- General purpose adhesive for wood, rubber, most plastics, fabrics, cork, linoleum and rigid PVC
The following technical information and data should be considered representative or typical only. Therefore, the information should not be used for specification purposes.
* dependent upon ambient temperature, relative humidity and the materials used.
The performance data presented here has been determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants Limited standard test methods and are average values that should not be used for specification purposes. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on tests believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
HANDLING & APPLICATIONS
The general application information presented here is based upon typical conditions determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants Limited testing. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on methods believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
All substrates must be clean of any dust, grit, loose material, wax, grease and oil using Alpha T559 (TF) or a suitable cleaner. The materials to be bonded should be dry.
1. Stir before use. Using a brush or spreader, apply a thin even coating of adhesive to both of the surfaces.
2. Allow the solvent content to evaporate before bonding the materials (touch dry) . The time for this evaporation will depend on the temperature and humidity.
3. Bond the materials under firm pressure.
4. Dried coatings of Alpha S1358 (TF) may be reactivated by wiping over the surfaces with solvent T559 (TF). Alternatively, Alpha S1358 (TF) may be treated with infra red heat, exposing one surface at 95°C ± 5°C.
The immediate high contact bond strength increases appreciably within the next 48 hours and will develop still further in service. For the best heat resistance, leave at room temperature for 7 days, before subjecting to high in-service temperatures up to 100°C.
Alpha Cleaner T559 (TF) should be used to remove residues from surfaces.
HEALTH & SAFETY INFORMATION
Alpha S1358 (TF) is classified as hazardous according to Directive EC 1272/2008. Please refer to the Alpha S1358 (TF) Safety Data Sheet for further health & safety information.
Alpha S1358 (TF) should be stored in its original container, with the lid tightly secured, in dry conditions and at temperatures between 5°C and 25°C. Alpha S1358 (TF) will keep satisfactorily for up to 18 months from date of manufacture if stored according to the recommended conditions.
ISSUE : 2