Alpha L107 is a multi-purpose solvent-based natural rubber adhesive solution of high viscosity. It has been developed for the automotive, coach building and foam building industries. Strong bonds are obtained between such materials as latex foam, polyether, polyester foam, rep cloth, upholstery fabrics, felt, scrim and leather. These materials may be bonded to wood, hardboard and foam-rubber laminations.
Alpha L107 is ideal for fixing package trays, glove boxes, door trim and for priming head lining materials, also for seat manufacture, sound deadening materials, latex foam building and as a general pre-stitching adhesive.
Alpha L107 meets the requirements of MOD Specification DEF STAN 80-86/2.
Ideal for many types of upholstery applications
Long open time
Easy to use
Alpha L107 is suitable for the following applications:
- Automotive upholstery such as glove compartments, seat manufacture
- Foam building
- Bonding a wide range of upholstery materials such as wood, fabrics, foams etc
The following technical information and data should be considered representative or typical only. Therefore, the information should not be used for specification purposes.
* dependent upon ambient temperature, relative humidity and the materials used.
HANDLING & APPLICATIONS
The general application information presented here is based upon typical conditions determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants Limited testing. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on methods believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
All substrates must be clean of any dust, grit, loose material, wax, grease and oil using Alpha T160. The materials to be bonded should be dry.
- Stir before use. Using a brush or spreader, apply an even coating of L107 adhesive to both of the surfaces.
- Allow the adhesive to dry for at least 5 minutes. All surfaces coated with L107 adhesive may be bonded after several hours.
- Bond the materials under light pressure.
- Dried coatings of L107 may be reactivated by wiping over the surfaces with solvent T160.
The immediate bond strength increases appreciably within the next 48 hours and will develop still further in service. For the best performance, leave at room temperature for 7 days before being placed in to service.
Alpha Cleaner T160 should be used to remove residues from surfaces.
HEALTHY & SAFETY INFORMATION
Alpha L107 is classified as hazardous according to Directive EC 1272/2008. Please refer to the Alpha L107 Safety Data Sheet for further health & safety information.
Alpha L107 should be stored in its original container, with the lid tightly secured, in dry conditions and at temperatures between 5°C and 25°C. Alpha L107 will keep satisfactorily for up to 18 months from date of manufacture if stored according to the recommended conditions.
ISSUE : 4