Alpha DP2205 Silicone Sealant is a ready to use elastic single component silicone sealant that can be used for both interior and exterior applications, with excellent adhesion and sealing performance on glass, ceramics and sanitary ware. It cures rapidly on exposure to atmospheric moisture to form a robust rubber seal.
Alpha DP2205 Silicone Sealant has a long life expectancy with excellent weathering resistance properties make it ideal for conditions where wide ranges of temperature, humidity or UV exposure might be present.
It is not suitable for use in ecological systems, such as aquariums, or where potable water may come in to contact with the sealant due to the presence of fungicides within the product. It must also not be used on marble/natural stone, as a mirror adhesive and in areas with direct food contact. It is not suited for plastics with general poor adhesion to silicones (e.g. PE, PP, PET).
Single component elastic silicone sealant
Thixotropic paste consistency for optimised tooling properties
Good ageing properties and weather resistant, with good UV resistance
Elastic compound which accepts movement
Long service life (> 20 years)
Contains a fungicide to prevent mould growth
Compatible with paints
DP2205 is suitable for sealing in the following applications:
- Sanitary ware and ceramic tiling in kitchens and bathrooms.
- Infill, cladding panels and curtain walling.
- All forms of glazing systems.
- Caravans, boats, containers, refrigerated buildings and freezers.
- Air conditioning and duct work.
- In-situ gaskets for automotive and aircraft industries.
- Draft proofing casement windows and doors.
The following technical information and data should be considered representative or typical only. Therefore, the information should not be used for specification purpose.
*This time is shorter when temperature and relative humidity are higher. It is absolutely necessary to make sure that open time is not excessive. Otherwise, defective bonding could happen.
The performance data presented here has been determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants Limited standard test methods and are average values that should not be used for specification purposes. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on tests believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application. Please note this product is not recommended for substrates like PE, PP, Teflon.
HANDLING & APPLICATIONS
The general application information presented here is based upon typical conditions determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants Limited’s own testing. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on methods believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
All substrate surfaces should be cleaned of any dust, grit, loose material, wax, grease and oil using Alpha Cleaner T559 TF. The surface should be dry before application of sealant.
For porous substrates (e.g. concrete, plasterboard, untreated wood) must be primed. Ensure surfaces are cleaned before priming.
As there are a very wide range of paints, lacquers and coatings on the market, compatibility with DP2205 must be initially tested before full application.
- To avoid contamination and to achieve a precise joint, all joint edges should be protected using masking tape before application of primer or sealant.
- Cut the tip of the provided nozzle at a 45° angle to give a slightly larger hole than the gap that has to be filled.
- DP2205 can be applied by a pneumatic or hand gun under a uniform pressure to extrude a continuous smooth bead.
- After application, the sealant can be smoothed and finished by using a suitable tool and either water or a suitable smoothing agent within 5 to 10 minutes of application. This ensures close contact and good adhesion to the substrate.
- The masking tape should be removed as soon as possible before the sealant forms a skin or dries too much.
The rate of cure in the joint is dependent on the ambient conditions, the assembled joint arrangement and the depth of the sealant between the joint faces.
It is advised that excess sealant is removed prior to skinning or drying using Alpha Cleaner T559 (TF)
Clean tools immediately after use with Alpha Cleaner T559 (TF) before the sealant has fully cured.
HEALTHY & SAFETY INFORMATION
Alpha DP2205 is not classified as hazardous according to Directive EC 1272/2008. Please refer to the Alpha DP2205 Safety Data Sheet for further health & safety information.
Alpha DP2205 should be stored in its original container, in dry conditions and at temperatures between 5°C and 20°C. Alpha DP2205 will keep satisfactorily for up to 18 months from date of manufacture if stored according to the recommended conditions.
ISSUE : 6