Alpha Contact 21 is a general purpose contact adhesive based on polychloroprene rubber. It is suitable for use in a wide range of internal applications, forming strong, permanent bonds to a wide variety of materials.
Alpha Contact 21 adhesive forms a strong permanent contact bond between the following materials: laminates (e.g. Formica, Melamine), wood (e.g. MDF, plywood, hardboard), rubber, most plastics, metals, fabrics etc.
Bonds to a wide variety of materials
Easy to apply
Short open time
Alpha Contact 21 is suitable for the following applications:
- Bonding laminate materials (e.g. Formica, Warerite, Melamine) to wood
- Interior trimming in the automotive, marine and transportation industries
- All purpose adhesive for wood, rubber, most plastics, fabrics, cork etc.
The following technical information and data should be considered representative or typical only. Therefore, the information should not be used for specification purposes.
* dependent upon ambient temperature, relative humidity and the materials used.
The performance data presented here has been determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants Limited standard test methods and are average values that should not be used for specification purposes. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on tests believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
HANDLING & APPLICATIONS
The general application information presented here is based upon typical conditions determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants Limited testing. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on methods believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
All substrates must be clean of any dust, grit, loose material, wax, grease and oil using Alpha T559 or a suitable cleaner. The materials to be bonded should be dry.
- Stir before use. Using a brush or spreader, apply a thin even coating of adhesive to both of the surfaces.
- Allow the solvent content to evaporate before bonding the materials (touch dry). The time for this evaporation will depend on the temperature and humidity.
- Bring the surfaces together (avoid any trapped air bubbles) and apply as much pressure as possible to the whole area. The use of a hand roller is recommended.
The immediate high contact bond strength increases appreciably within the next 48 hours and will develop still further in service. For the best heat resistance, leave at room temperature for 7 days, before subjecting to high in-service temperatures up to 100°C.
Alpha Cleaner T559 should be used to remove residues from surfaces.
HEALTHY & SAFETY INFORMATION
Alpha Contact 21 is classified as hazardous according to Directive EC 1272/2008. Please refer to the Alpha Contact 21 Safety Data Sheet for further health & safety information.
Alpha Contact 21 should be stored in its original container, with the lid tightly secured, in dry conditions and at temperatures between 5°C and 25°C. Alpha Contact 21 will keep satisfactorily for up to 18 months from date of manufacture if stored according to the recommended conditions.
ISSUE : 5