Alpha AN181 is a multi-purpose, high tack aerosol adhesive. Specially formulated for use in the automotive industry, it is based on synthetic rubber in solvents.
AN 181 has been designed to bond a wide range of foams and insulation materials, as well as wood, plastics, metal etc. NB not suitable for bonding plasticized PVC
Easy to use
Alpha AN181 is suitable for the following applications:
- For bonding porous materials.
- Fixing most common types of PU and foam backed carpets to most common surfaces.
- Bonding of synthetic foams and insulation materials to a variety of substrates.
- Used for bonding fabric, polyester and polyester foams, PE film/laminate, leather, cardboard and coverings.
The following technical information and data should be considered representative or typical only. Therefore, the information should not be used for specification purpose.
* dependent upon ambient temperature, relative humidity and the materials used.
HANDLING & APPLICATIONS
The general application information presented here is based upon typical conditions determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants testing. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on methods believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
All substrates must be clean of any dust, grit, loose material, wax, grease and oil using Alpha T559 (TF) or a suitable cleaner. The materials to be bonded should be dry.
For optimal bonding, it is advised that metal surfaces are abraded and cleaned prior to adhesive application.
Alpha AN181 should be applied to both substrates that are to be bonded. Ensure that an even coat is applied in all cases.
- For non-porous substrates (e.g. metal, plastics) – two to three thin layers should be applied, allowing 5 to 15 minutes in between coats.
- For porous substrates (e.g. wood, leather) – two to three layers should be applied, allowing a shorter time period (1 to 10 minutes in between coats).
- Shake can well and adjust nozzle to the required spray pattern.
- Hold can approximately 5″ from the surface and apply adhesive to both surfaces to be bonded. On very porous surfaces two coats may be necessary. Optimum performance is achieved at room temperature 16°C or above. When finishing invert the can and spray once to prevent the nozzle clogging.
- Allow the adhesive to become tacky, approximately 30 seconds to 30 minutes. Bring the surfaces together positioning carefully.
- Consolidate the bond by means of firm even pressure over the whole area.
The immediate contact bond strength increases appreciably within the next 48 hours and will develop still further in service. For the best peformance, leave at room temperature for 7 days, before subjecting to high in-service temperatures up to 70°C.
Alpha Cleaner T559 (TF) should be used to remove residues from surfaces.
HEALTHY & SAFETY INFORMATION
Alpha AN181 is classified as hazardous according to Directive EC 1272/2008. Please refer to the Alpha AN181 Safety Data Sheet for further health & safety information.
Alpha AN181 should be stored in its original container, with the lid tightly secured, in dry conditions and at temperatures between 5°C and 25°C. Alpha AN181 will keep satisfactorily for up to 12 months from date of manufacture if stored according to the recommended conditions.
ISSUE : 6