Alpha Trimspray is a multi-purpose, high tack aerosol adhesive. Specially formulated for use in the automotive industry, it is based on synthetic rubber in solvents.
Alpha Trimspray is easy and clean to use, the adjustable nozzle allows complete control over the spray pattern to enable accurate application over large areas very quickly. The open joint time is from 30 seconds to 30 minutes giving total flexibility in use. Trimspray exhibits high heat resistance to a maximum of 70°C so it is ideal for both large and small jobs inside motor vehicles. Once coated the surfaces to be bonded can be brought together almost immediately and firm pressure consolidates the bond. In such areas as seat build and re-upholstery the added advantage is that a soft bond line can easily be achieved.
NB: Trimspray is not recommended for bonding polystyrene foam or unsupported PVC.
Easy to use
Alpha Trimspray is suitable for the following applications:
- Automotive foams, textiles, carpets, leather, wood, cardboard, insulation materials & headlinings
The following technical information and data should be considered representative or typical only. Therefore, the information should not be used for specification purpose.
* dependent upon ambient temperature, relative humidity and the materials used.
HANDLING & APPLICATIONS
The general application information presented here is based upon typical conditions determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants testing. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on methods believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
All substrates must be clean of any dust, grit, loose material, wax, grease and oil using Alpha T559 or a suitable cleaner. The materials to be bonded should be dry.
For optimal bonding, it is advised that metal surfaces are abraded and cleaned prior to adhesive application.
Alpha Trimspray should be applied to both substrates that are to be bonded. Ensure that an even coat is applied in all cases.
- For non-porous substrates (e.g. metal, plastics) – two to three thin layers should be applied, allowing 5 to 15 minutes in between coats.
- For porous substrates (e.g. wood, leather) – two to three layers should be applied, allowing a shorter time period (1 to 10 minutes in between coats).
- Shake can well and adjust nozzle to the required spray pattern.
- Hold can approximately 5″ from the surface and apply adhesive to both surfaces to be bonded. On very porous surfaces two coats may be necessary. Optimum performance is achieved at room temperature 16°C or above. When finishing invert the can and spray once to prevent the nozzle clogging.
- Allow the adhesive to become tacky, approximately 30 seconds to 30 minutes. Bring the surfaces together positioning carefully.
- Consolidate the bond by means of firm even pressure over the whole area.
The immediate contact bond strength increases appreciably within the next 48 hours and will develop still further in service. For the best peformance, leave at room temperature for 7 days, before subjecting to high in-service temperatures up to 70°C.
Alpha Cleaner T559 should be used to remove residues from surfaces.
HEALTH & SAFETY INFORMATION
Alpha Trimspray is classified as hazardous according to Directive EC 1272/2008. Please refer to the Alpha Trimspray Safety Data Sheet for further health & safety information.
Alpha Trimspray should be stored in its original container, with the lid tightly secured, in dry conditions and at temperatures between 5°C and 25°C. Alpha Trimspray will keep satisfactorily for up to 12 months from date of manufacture if stored according to the recommended conditions.
ISSUE : 6