Alpha A408 is a high viscosity acrylic pressure sensitive emulsion that, when dry, exhibits aggressive tack coupled with high shear resistance & good peel strength.
Alpha A408 is used for the manufacture of self adhesive labels & adheres well to plasticised & unplasticised PVC, polyester & electrically treated films of polyolefins without the need of a primer. A408 is used as a pressure sensitive adhesive on a variety of substrates including wood, metal & plastic
Good aging properties and resistant to water and plasticiser migration
Easy and safe to use
Alpha A408 Acrylic Adhesive is suitable for the following applications:
- Pressure sensitive adhesive applications
- Manufacture of self adhesive labels
- Bonds well to PVC (plasticised or unplasticised), Polyester and Polyolefins
The following technical information and data should be considered representative or typical only, therefore the information should not be used for specification purpose.
* dependent on temperature and humidity of application as well as the porosity of the surfaces to be bonded
HANDLING & APPLICATIONS
The general application information presented here is based upon typical conditions determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants Limited testing. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on methods believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
All substrates must be clean of any dust, grit, loose material, wax, grease and oil.
Irregularities in the surfaces to be bonded should be smooth to present the flattest possible surface for bonding.
The following application method should only be used as a guideline. It is advised that the user conducts preliminary tests to ensure they are using the adhesive correctly for their own purpose.
- Stir adhesive before use.
- Using a brush and spreader, apply an even coating of adhesive to one of the surfaces that is to be bonded.
- Allow the adhesive to dry to a clear appearance before bonding the materials (touch dry). The time for this drying will depend on the temperature and humidity. Alpha A318 can be dried at 70°C, reducing the open joint time accordingly.
- Bond the materials under firm, even pressure across the total bonded area.
Bonded assemblies should not be moved during curing of the adhesive.
The immediate high contact bond strength increases appreciably within the next 48 hours and will develop still further in service. For the best performance, leave at room temperature for 7 days.
For wet adhesive: warm soapy water should be used.
For dried adhesive: Cleaner T559 TF should be used to remove residues from surfaces.
HEALTHY & SAFETY INFORMATION
Alpha A408 Acrylic Adhesive is classified as non-hazardous according to Directive EC 1272/2008. Please refer to the Alpha A408 Acrylic Adhesive Safety Data Sheet for further health & safety information.
Alpha A408 Acrylic Adhesive should be stored in its original container, with the lid tightly secured, in dry conditions and at temperatures between 5°C and 25°C. Alpha A408 Acrylic Adhesive will keep satisfactorily for up to 18 months from date of manufacture if stored according to the recommended conditions.
ISSUE : 1