Alpha A212.2 has been specially designed for bonding in the preparation of protective mats for example used in gyms, schools and safety mats for martial sports (e.g. judo mats, wrestling mats etc).
A212.2 is easy to apply, solvent free, coloured black and ideal for bonding most types of competition materials used on judo mats.
Ready to use
Easy and safe to use
Alpha A212.2 is suitable for the following applications:
- PVC Tatami grain with latex anti-slip base
- PVC Tatami grain with cellular base
* dependent on the surfaces to be bonded
HANDLING & APPLICATIONS
The general application information presented here is based upon typical conditions determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants testing. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on methods believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
All substrates must be clean of any dust, grit, loose material, wax, grease and oil.
- Apply A212.2 adhesive using a brush or spreader. For close textured or non-porous materials, ensure that the adhesive is applied to both surfaces. For open textured or porous materials, coat one surface only.
- Bond the components under moderate pressure.
- If desired, artificial heating may be employed to speed evaporation of the water content.
The bonded assemblies will have enough strength for moving, machining and trimming within 15 minutes depending upon the porosity of the substrates. Bonded assemblies should be left for 7 days before physical testing is conducted.
For wet material, it is advised that any spillages be cleaned up immediately with soapy water before the adhesive can fully dry.
HEALTHY & SAFETY INFORMATION
Alpha A212.2 is not classified as hazardous according to Directive EC 1272/2008. Please refer to the Alpha A212.2 Safety Data Sheet for further health & safety information.
Alpha A212.2 should be stored in its original container, with the lid tightly secured, in dry conditions and at temperatures between 5°C and 25°C. Alpha A212.2 will keep satisfactorily for up to 12 months from date of manufacture if stored according to the recommended conditions.
ISSUE : 2