Alpha A1717 has been formulated as multi-purpose adhesives for use where quick sealing properties are of advantage. They can be used to bond textiles, papers, packaging materials etc to themselves or to one another.
A1717 represents the ultimate in quick grab latex adhesives, and is ideal for bonding all fibrous materials to a wide variety of porous substrates. The product is used for a number of operations in the carpet and general textile industries. It can also be used for carton sealing and for miscellaneous fabrications in the packaging trade.
Quick grab adhesive
Easy to use
Bonds most porous surfaces
Good heat resistance
Environmentally friendly and safe to use
Easy to clean
Alpha A1717 can be used in the following applications:
- Bonding textiles
- Bonding paper, cardboard and other packaging materials
- Bonding fibrous materials such as carpets
The following technical information and data should be considered representative or typical only. Therefore, the information should not be used for specification purpose.
* dependent upon ambient temperature, relative humidity and the materials used.
The performance data presented here has been determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants standard test methods and are average values that should not be used for specification purposes. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on tests believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
HANDLING & APPLICATIONS
The general application information presented here is based upon typical conditions determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants testing. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on methods believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
The strength and durability of the bond is dependent on proper surface treatment of the materials to be bonded. Mechanical abrasion with sandpaper is advised when using non-porous substrates such as metals, plastics etc. All surfaces to be bonded should be dry, clean and free from dust, grit, wax, grease or oil.
- Apply A1717 adhesive using a brush or spreader. For close textured or non-porous materials, ensure that the adhesive is applied to both surfaces. For open textured or porous materials, coat one surface only.
- In the case of extremely porous materials such as hessian, or other loosely woven textiles, a bond will be possible in a matter of seconds after applying the
adhesive. Where closely woven materials or paper are involved, it may be necessary to wait for up to 15 minutes for the water content to disperse. In either case, bonds will still be possible several hours after application of the latex.
- Bond the components under moderate pressure.
- If desired, artificial heating may be employed to speed evaporation of the water content.
- Application equipment must be cleaned thoroughly with soft or soapy water before the latex has dried.
The bonded assemblies will have enough strength for moving, machining and trimming within 15 minutes depending upon the porosity of the substrates. Bonded assemblies should be left for 7 days before physical testing is conducted.
For wet material, it is advised that any spillages be cleaned up immediately with soapy water before the adhesive can fully dry.
HEALTH & SAFETY INFORMATION
Alpha A1717 is not classified as hazardous according to Directive EC 1272/2008. Please refer to the Alpha A1717 Safety Data Sheet for further health & safety information.
Alpha A1717 should be stored in its original container, with the lid tightly secured, in dry conditions and at temperatures between 5°C and 25°C. Alpha A1717 will keep satisfactorily for up to 12 months from date of manufacture if stored according to the recommended conditions.
ISSUE : 4