Alpha A1258 Acrylic Adhesive has been specially designed for applications including flooring, sound proofing, thermal insulation, etc.
Alpha A1258 Adhesive has good aging properties, water-resistance and plasticizer resistance. The adhesive is also suitable for use where under floor heating systems have been installed.
Good aging properties and resistant to water and plasticiser migration
Easy and safe to use
Alpha A1258 Acrylic Adhesive is suitable for the following applications:
- Flooring: bonding vinyl sheet and tiles and felt/jute-backed floor covering materials to all normal sub-flooring surfaces, including concrete, wood, asphalt, hardboard, metal, etc.
- Can be applied when under floor heating systems have been installed.
- Thermal Insulation: mineral wool insulation to metal, concrete and timber.
- Roofing applications: bonding PVC roofing membrane.
The following technical information and data should be considered representative or typical only, therefore the information should not be used for specification purpose.
* dependent on porosity of the surfaces to be bonded
The performance data presented here has been determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants Limited standard test methods and are average values that should not be used for specification purposes. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on tests believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
HANDLING & APPLICATIONS
The general application information presented here is based upon typical conditions determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants Limited testing. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on methods believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
All substrates must be clean of any dust, grit, loose material, wax, grease and oil.
Irregularities in the surfaces to be bonded should be smooth to present the flattest possible surface for bonding.
The following application method should only be used as a guideline. It is advised that the user conducts preliminary tests to ensure they are using the adhesive correctly for their own purpose.
- Apply the adhesive using the edge of a serrated trowel having 1/16th of an inch triangular notches, spaced at 3/16th of an inch centres. Coat 3/2 to 5/2 square metres at a time. The adhesive can also be applied with roller
- Place materials in position and press or roll down firmly to eliminate air pockets and ensure overall contact. Pay particular attention to corners and edges.
- Immediately remove surplus wet adhesive with a damp cloth. Do not allow water to run onto the joint for 48 hours after bonding
- For consistent results, it is important to give a final roll down after being laid on floors. Under-floor Heating
- Apply the adhesive in the same manner as above, but leave the adhesive to dry until it becomes “tacky” to the touch. This will normally take 20-30 minutes, (this can be longer in cold conditions), depending on substrate temperature. Check “tackiness” by touching the adhesive lightly with the knuckles. Place material carefully in position and firmly press or roll down.
Special Note (For use on Porous Surfaces and Dusty Screeds)
Priming is not usually required. However, very porous surfaces will reduce adhesive coverage through penetration. This is indicated when the adhesive appears to be drying very rapidly, for best results and economical usage, the application of Alpha A1650, diluted to the manufacturer’s instructions, is recommended before application of the adhesive.
Under floor Heating
Switch off any heating which comes into contact with the floor coverings and allow to cool for 24 hours. Switch on heating 24 hours after adhesive has been applied.
Bonded assemblies should not be moved during curing of the adhesive.
The bond strength increases appreciably within the next 48 hours and will develop still further in service. It is imperative that the bonded area is not walk upon and that any potential water spillages/leakages are prevented as this may weaken the bond.
For the optimal performance, leave at room temperature for 7 days, before subjecting to use.
For wet adhesive: warm soapy water should be used.
For dried adhesive: Cleaner T161 should be used to remove dry residues from surfaces.
HEALTHY & SAFETY INFORMATION
Alpha A1258 Acrylic Adhesive is classified as non-hazardous according to Directive EC 1272/2008. Please refer to the Alpha A1258 Acrylic Adhesive Safety Data Sheet for further health & safety information.
Alpha A1258 Acrylic Adhesive should be stored in its original container, with the lid tightly secured, in dry conditions and at temperatures between 5°C and 25°C. Alpha A1258 Acrylic Adhesive will keep satisfactorily for up to 18 months from date of manufacture if stored according to the recommended conditions.
ISSUE : 7