Alpha Thixofix contact adhesive has been developed as an easy to use, multi-purpose contact adhesive that exhibits high bonding performance and non-drip properties. Its aim is to make the bonding of laminated plastics to wood and other substrates simple whilst maintaining the well proven efficiency and strength of ordinary contact adhesives.
Alpha Thixofix contact adhesive has a gel appearance developed to ensure ease of application using the Thixofix notched spreader to deliver the correct amount of adhesive on to the materials being used. It is ideal for use on vertical surfaces without the risk of the adhesive dripping or running. It will stay in place throughout application, allowing the accurate positioning of materials to be performed due to the unique ”slideability” of Thixofix to ensure the correct final finish of the bonded assembly. It also eliminates the spills and mess that is normally associated with ordinary brushable contact adhesives.
Easy to apply with supplied spreader
Thixotropic consistency, ideal for vertical and overhead application
Multi-purpose contact adhesive
Free from toluene
Excellent bond strength and good temperature resistance
Repositioning of substrates possible before curing
Alpha Thixofix is suitable for the following applications:
- Bonding laminated plastics to wood, hardboard, chipboard, etc
- Bonding ABS, cork, rubber, leather, fabrics, wood, painted and unpainted metal, hardboard, plaster, plasterboard, chipboard.
- Bonding fibre boards and acoustic tiles to suspended or vertical surfaces such as dry cement/sand renderings
The following technical information and data should be considered representative or typical only. Therefore, the information should not be used for specification purpose.
* depending on temperature, relative humidity and absorbency of materials.
The performance data presented here has been determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants Limited standard test methods and are average values that should not be used for specification purposes. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on tests believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
HANDLING & APPLICATIONS
The general application information presented here is based upon typical conditions determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants Limited testing. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on methods believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
All substrate surfaces should be abraded using abrasion paper or air-driven narrow belt sander. It is imperative that the surfaces are then cleaned of any dust, grit, loose material, wax, grease and oil using a suitable cleaner (see next page).
- Apply Thixofix Contact Adhesive with the supplied spreader to both surfaces that are being bonded.
- Allow the adhesive to dry for approximately 10 to 15 minutes. The drying time will change dependant upon the substrates being bonded and the temperature and humidity conditions. The adhesive should be “touch dry” where no transfer of adhesive on to a glove should be apparent.
- Bring the surfaces together and press firmly to consolidate the bond, taking care not to trap air. It is advisable to position the materials in the desired position prior to adhesive application or bonding. The unique consistency of Thixofix is allows for small adjustments to positioning to be performed.
The immediate high contact bond strength increases appreciably within the next 48 hours and will develop still further in service. For the best heat resistance, leave at room temperature for 7 days, before subjecting to high in-service temperatures up to 70°C.
Alpha Cleaner T559 (TF) should be used to remove residues from surfaces.
HEALTHY & SAFETY INFORMATION
Alpha Thixofix is classified as hazardous according to Directive EC 1272/2008. Please refer to the Alpha Thixofix Safety Data Sheet for further health & safety information.
Alpha Thixofix should be stored in its original container, with the lid tightly secured, in dry conditions and at temperatures between 5°C and 25°C. Alpha Thixofix will keep satisfactorily for up to 24 months from date of manufacture if stored according to the recommended conditions.
ISSUE : 11